The Fed has hit the panic button after the rate for overnight borrowing spiked 4 fold…
The Fed has hit the panic button after the overnight repurchase (repo) rate for overnight borrowing spiked 4 fold.
Officially $128 billion in emergency liquidity capital injections have been lent to large banks in only 48 hours.
What is a repurchase (repo) agreement?
Fed plans second intervention to ease funding squeeze
Additional Articles About What Has Happened In The Last Few Days (Re) Repo Madness:
1) Did The Fed Fail: Repo Rate Refuses To Drop
2) Today’s “Watershed” Repo-calypse Is “One Of The Worst Things That Can Happen”
3) $53.2 Billion In QE Lite: Fed Concludes First Repo In A Decade Amid Liquidity Panic
4) What Happens Next In Repo? The World’s Biggest Interdealer Broker Explains
5) Far Too Little, Far Too Late
6) NY Fed Announces Third Consecutive Repo Operation On Thursday At 8:15am