Here’s the bottom line for gold, right here, right now: No matter who wins the US election, gold is well-supported. Here’s why…
Graceland Updates 4am-7am
Dec 10, 2019
- Can gold take out the 2019 highs and carry the miners on a mighty bull run that will stun all the naysayers?
- Well, please click here now. Goldman analysts think it will happen!
- Some gold bugs view the big banks as “banksters”. I like to differentiate between the bank algo traders that operate on the COMEX and the fundamental analysts that do meticulous research.
- Most bank analysts are very positive on gold price action for 2020, and that’s a good thing.
- While some more “time in the bull wedge hopper” might be required, there’s no question that the price action during gold’s reaction has been stable.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this CDNX versus GLD ratio chart.
- The venture index has built a base against bullion, and an upside breakout seems imminent. What’s particularly impressive is that dozens of individual junior miners are already in “rocket mode”, against both gold and the dollar.
- Top mine builders like Sean Boyd of Agnico Eagle fame believe 2020 will see a major ramp-up in mergers and takeovers in the industry. That’s because most of the senior players simply cannot grow their own production significantly.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Strong merger and acquisition activity is the sign of a healthy market, and it’s likely the fundamental force that pushes GDXJ over the key $43 resistance zone.
- Is the US election a positive driver for gold? Well, most of the democrat candidates want to spend more and borrow more. Like Reagan, Trump promised that his tax cuts would create “Big revenues for the government, and wipe out the deficit!”
- In regard to government debt, much like “Reaganomics”, “Trumponomics” has quickly devolved into “Debtonomics”. Debt continues to skyrocket. The bottom line:
- Most republicans and democrats alike don’t understand that tax cuts boost the private sector economy, and the reduced government revenues from the tax cuts should incentivize government to cut its size.
- Sadly, (or hilariously, depending on perspective) government rarely responds to less revenues by cutting its own size. Instead, it gleefully prints, borrows, and extorts more money for itself.
- Trump’s refusal to cut government size as revenues are pressured by tax cuts is clearly… great news for gold!
- Please click here now. I don’t see anyone in the running for president who is really interested in reducing the debt of the US government, except perhaps for Mike Bloomberg.
- While he might cut government debt a bit, Mike is unlikely to cut its size. Also, he is very pro-China in his views. If he wins the election, tariffs likely die quite quickly, China starts a new growth streak, and the citizens there buy a lot more gold.
- Here’s the bottom line for gold, right here, right now: No matter who wins the US election, gold is well-supported. A move above $1575 on my gold chart likely ushers in… not a bubble or mania like occurred 2010-2011… but a value-oriented mergers and buyouts frenzy that could continue for years!
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Gold mining stock enthusiasts had their upside breakout hopes dashed yet again last week.
- From the $28 area, I suggested to subscribers that a sharp pullback to about $26.50 was more likely than a runaway move to the upside.
- That’s roughly in play now. There’s an inverse H&S pattern within the bull wedge, which is bullish. Tomorrow’s Fed meet should produce enough volatility to finish forming the right shoulder of the pattern.
- The event that likely marks the end of the current and very mild reaction in gold is the upcoming tariff tax deadline day of Sunday, December 15. I expect Trump to announce that some of his proposed tariffs won’t be implemented, but he will go ahead with others.
- A modest stock market sell-off is likely on that news, but the Fed obviously stands ready to support the market. The year 2020 is likely to see the US stock market meander sideways to higher, government debt continue to rise, and a major bull cycle in the Chinese stock market should commence. Gold is well-supported in this environment.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. I bought the GOAU ETF on the bull wedge breakout, and recommended investors buy down to $15.75.
- I would not buy more until there is a two-day close over $16.50, and then traders and gamblers could buy quite aggressively, as a new uptrend would be in play!
Special Offer For Website Readers: Please send me an Email to [email protected] and I’ll send you my free “Mining Stock Moneymakers!” report. I highlight six somewhat under the radar gold and silver stocks. They are roaring higher this week and set for even bigger gains in the days ahead! I include tactics to manage risk and enhance reward.
Note: We are privacy oriented. We accept cheques, credit card, and if needed, PayPal.
Written between 4am-7am. 5-6 issues per week. Emailed at aprox 9am daily.
Rate Sheet (us funds):
2yr: $299 (over 500 issues)
1yr: $199 (over 250 issues)
6 mths: $129 (over 125 issues)
To pay by credit card/paypal, please click this link:
To pay by cheque, make cheque payable to “Stewart Thomson”
Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario L6H 2M8 Canada
Stewart Thomson is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am-9am. The newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered point form. Giving clarity of each point and saving valuable reading time.
Risks, Disclaimers, Legal
Stewart Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced and qualified investment advisors and get numerous opinions before taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the world is: 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products. There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line:
Are You Prepared?