What is the recommended strategy for playing the miners?
1. As gold surged into my sell zone at $2000/ounce, I laid out the $1835-$1775 area as my preferred “rebuy” zone for investors, with a focus on the miners.
2. As gold reacted, I urged eager gold bugs to focus on profiting from inflation and rate hikes directly, by shorting the bond market.
3. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this TBF bear bonds ETF.
4. Wednesday’s rate announcement from the Fed could mark a short-term peak in the rally. Trading profits can be booked, but any pullback is a fresh buying opportunity for investors who are not yet involved… in what could become the biggest bond market meltdown in the history of America.
5. While the Fed and rate hikes make the headlines this week, it’s physical demand for gold that mostly determines the price trend.
6. On that note, please click here now. Chinese lockdowns and a failing stock market there have gold buyers in a lacklustre mood.
7. India? Please click here now. April demand in India was almost non-existent, and it shows in the price action.
8. The good news is that the medium term looks much better from here. Jewellers are forecasting 10%+ growth for fiscal 2023.
9. That is in line with my ongoing forecast of 8% a year for the next several decades.
10. Some miners are trading where they were when gold was $500-$600/oz and that’s obviously disappointing. The good news:
11. My recommended strategy for playing the miners is to hold some core positions, but to focus on trading them by buying at my gold bullion buy zones, with a plan to sell them quickly with 20% to 30% gains.
12. Average investors can outperform the best money managers in the world with this time-tested strategy.
13. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GDX daily chart. There is support on the chart at $34.48 and a significant “price sale” is certainly in play.
14. Having said that, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this important daily gold chart.
15. As price has descended towards my massive buy zone at $1835-$1775, the 14,7,7 Stochastics oscillator is confirming the zone as one for solid investor buy-side action.
16. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this SILJ junior silver stocks ETF.
17. No analyst could have forecast all the “zigs and zags” on this chart before they occurred, but investors who bought the junior silver miners at my key gold bullion support zones have done incredibly well…
18. Provided they sold at my sell zones too.
19. There’s now a right shoulder of a solid inverse H&S pattern in play on the SILJ chart, with the low of the right shoulder occurring as gold nears $1835.
20. There are gargantuan potential profits for mining stock investors if gold reverses from around $1835 and shoots towards $2200. My Galactic Juniors newsletter is attractively priced at $199/year, and to celebrate the potential post-Fed blastoff for the miners, I’m offering a special of just $169/14months this week. To get in on the action, use this link or send me an email. Thanks!
21. Mining stock sentiment? Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. While bullish sentiment is “midships” at about 50, that’s where momentum-oriented breakouts often occur for gold, silver, and the miners.
22. Also, note the reliability of the Stochastics oscillator (14,7,7 series); gold staged solid rallies from each of the Stochastics buy signals.
23. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this GOAU chart. Note the solid position of the Stochastics oscillator as “Queen Gold” makes her way towards $1835.
24. I’m a big believer in investing with the brain… and the heart. For some investors, GDX is the way to play the senior miners. For others, it’s GOAU. In the big gold bull era picture, I don’t see one as better than the other. Investors should buy that which is closest to their heart. It could be individual miners. It could be GOAU or GDX, but when it comes to the brain, it’s all about buying as gold approaches $1835, a price where gold bugs can thrive!
Special Offer For Website Readers: Please send me an Email to [email protected] and I’ll send you my free “$1835 and Five!” report. I highlight key miners trading near a price of $5/share, where there’s a balance of risk and reward. Key buy and sell tactics are included in the report!
Note: We are privacy oriented. We accept cheques, credit card, and if needed, PayPal.
Rate Sheet (us funds):
2yr: $299 (over 500 issues)
1yr: $199 (over 250 issues)
6 mths: $129 (over 125 issues)
To pay by credit card/paypal, please click this link:
To pay by cheque, make cheque payable to “Stewart Thomson”
Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario L6H 2M8 Canada
Stewart Thomson is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am-9am. The newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered point form. Giving clarity of each point and saving valuable reading time.
Risks, Disclaimers, Legal
Stewart Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced and qualified investment advisors and get numerous opinions before taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the world is: 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products. There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line:
Are You Prepared?