In this week’s concise update, Stewart names four reasons why gold & silver investors should now be sporting a decent golden smile…
November 13, 2018
- So far, the “traditional Thanksgiving rally” in the US stock market looks more like a rancid Thanksgiving turkey that belongs in the trash can.
- Please click here now. Many investors appear to have bought the US stock market when it was peaking mainly because of their enthusiasm for President Trump. They forgot about the business cycle and the Fed and are now paying a heavy price for that folly.
- Defensive stocks were mostly unchanged or higher yesterday, while growth stocks again sold off with a vengeance.
- While the year-end rally may be “on the rocks”, it can still happen. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this Dow Industrials ETF chart.
- There is a nice inverse H&S bottom pattern in play. It features a high right shoulder, which is quite positive.
- Having said that, the market needs to begin rallying almost immediately. That’s because many institutional investors are beginning to get quite concerned about the horrific start to their predicted year-end rally. Further price weakness will only bring more concern.
- What about gold? Well, gold has performed decently in the face of the stock market meltdown, but gold price discovery is mainly related to physical market demand.
- That’s been decent in India, but a bit weak in China. The SPDR fund tonnage change is basically neutral.
- Gold demand in China will strengthen in December as preparations for Chinese New Year begin.
- Unfortunately, the weak Chinese stock market will likely keep a damper on gold demand until then.
- Please click here now. The price action in the gold market is really quite mundane. It’s a perfect reflection of current physical market demand versus supply.
- Please click here now. Most consumers in the West don’t want to admit they are horrifically addicted to debt. It’s much easier to look for an external scapegoat like diligent gold-oriented Chinese savers.
- Former Fed Chair Yellen “tells it like it is”. The good news is that the G20 meeting is just two weeks away, and there could be discussion of the dollar at that meeting.
- Trump may cancel plans to impose more dollar-positive tariffs on China. He may also soon reverse some tariffs he imposed on Canada.
- Global stock markets and gold could both rally if Trump throws in the white tariffs towel as I predict he will. A G20 statement about lowering the dollar could send the price of gold soaring.
- In contrast, if nothing changes with tariffs or the dollar, gold is likely to simply muddle along until Chinese New Year demand takes “centre stage” for price discovery.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this key GDX chart. There’s no question that GDX and most of its component stocks have performed admirably during the ongoing US stock market meltdown. Most analysts thought a stock market crash would produce horrific GDX crash. That didn’t happen. In fact, GDX rallied on many days that the stock market crashed.
- Having said that, a daily chart H&S top pattern is now in play. The technical action is in sync with modest physical market demand for bullion that is a bit less than supply.
- At my www.guswinger.com swing trade service, traders have been short GDX for about a week, and are now happily booking partial profits into the decline based on my key signals.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this disappointing SIL chart.
- With tariffs and US government and consumer debt worship putting upwards pressure on yields, the dollar, and the stock market, silver stocks are taking it on the chin.
- Swing trading, put option insurance, and lots of Aussie miners in the portfolio… For most gold and silver stock enthusiasts, this is the most sensible approach to managing the current situation. A positive G20 meeting could turn things around for gold, silver, and stock markets, but at this point a positive outcome is anything but a “done deal”.
- Please click here now. Double click to enlarge this fabulous Evolution Mining chart. Recent “Graceland System” buy and sell signals are highlighted. Evolution is now Australia’s number three gold producer. The price action is clearly outstanding, especially when compared to most North American miners (Barrick is a great exception that looks solid).
- With a calm view of demand versus supply, some great swing trades, put option insurance, and a portfolio weighted with key Aussie players, most precious metals investors should now be sporting a decent golden smile!
Special Offer For Website Readers: Please send me an Email to [email protected] and I’ll promptly send you my free “Handling the Gold Stocks Pain!” report. I cover six key junior gold stocks. I outline exact buy and sell signals to ensure investors sleeping soundly… while making lots of money!
Note: We are privacy oriented. We accept cheques, credit card, and if needed, PayPal.
Written between 4am-7am. 5-6 issues per week. Emailed at aprox 9am daily.
Rate Sheet (us funds):
2yr: $299 (over 500 issues)
1yr: $199 (over 250 issues)
6 mths: $129 (over 125 issues)
To pay by credit card/paypal, please click this link:
To pay by cheque, make cheque payable to “Stewart Thomson”
Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario L6H 2M8 Canada
Stewart Thomson is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am-9am. The newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered point form. Giving clarity of each point and saving valuable reading time.
Risks, Disclaimers, Legal
Stewart Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced and qualified investment advisors and get numerous opinions before taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the world is: 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products. There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line:
Are You Prepared?