After a two year break, China’s central bank is back in action again with renewed stacking of physical gold. Here’s Stewart with an update…
Jan 8, 2019
- It’s time for the queen of assets to rest and consolidate. Nothing goes up in a straight line, and that’s certainly true for gold!
- Check out this daily gold chart.
- A pullback to about $1250 would be a healthy 50% retracement of the $100 rally from $1200 to $1300.
- Gold begins 2019 with some very positive news in play. Please click here now. After a two-year hiatus, China’s central bank is back in gold market action!
- The bank had been consistently buying about 15-20 tons of gold a month. When those purchases are added to buying from Russia and other central banks, they are quite price-supportive.
- It’s great to see China back on the buy, and analysts in India are projecting a ramp-up in gold imports there of about 20% for the first six months of 2019.
- The ECB (Europe’s central bank) is projecting higher inflation and easing growth for 2019.
- The love trade is healthy, the central bank trade is healthy, and global stock markets are on the rocks.
- On that note, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. I’m a bit worried that the US stock market rally could peter out quickly.
- Please click here now. Institutional money managers are cutting back their allocations to US equities, and rightly so.
- The business cycle is entering the eighth and ninth innings, wage inflation is poised to spike in full-time jobs, and earnings have clearly plateaued.
- Please click here now. China’s central bank and government have vastly more “wiggle room” than America’s do to stimulate the economy.
- China’s stimulus is inflationary, and that’s good news for gold.
- The US government is shut down. That’s not a position of strength, to put it mildly. These shutdowns have happened so many times that citizens are now numb and don’t seem to care.
- It’s not a good thing; the government just can’t seem to break its addiction to borrowing more and more money.
- The US government has been very vocal in its opposition to the modest interest rate rates from the Fed. I don’t see any economic stress from these hikes, and senior citizens have been paid nothing in their savings accounts for years.
- Rate hikes are an indicator that inflation is in the air. They haven’t hurt gold, they help senior citizens, and they put pressure on banks to make business loans rather than finance stock market buybacks to enrich corporate directors.
- Rate hikes do put pressure on the ability of the US government to borrow ever-more money, and that pressure is good.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this daily silver chart.
- The uptrend is solid. A pullback is normal, expected, and healthy. Note the Fibonacci lines in play around the demand line of the uptrend channel.
- Silver feels almost as solid as gold does right now, and that’s likely due to the growing threat of stagflation throughout much of the world.
- Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this nice GDX daily chart.
- Like most sectors of the precious metals asset class, GDX is taking a breather after it successfully penetrated key resistance in the $20.70 area.
- From a technical perspective, the range trade in the $20-$21.50 area has a 67% chance of being resolved with a rally to $23. The current consolidation could be the last opportunity for excited investors to buy in this price zone before GDX moves above $23 and stays there for quite a long period of time!
Special Offer For Website Readers: Please send me an Email to [email protected] and I’ll send you my free “Silver Stocks Rock!” report. I highlight the SIL and SILJ ETF component stocks that are poised to enter January like silver bullets shot out of a golden gun! I include key tactics to keep investors on the winning side of the action… in both the short and long term!
Note: We are privacy oriented. We accept cheques, credit card, and if needed, PayPal.
Written between 4am-7am. 5-6 issues per week. Emailed at aprox 9am daily.
Rate Sheet (us funds):
2yr: $299 (over 500 issues)
1yr: $199 (over 250 issues)
6 mths: $129 (over 125 issues)
To pay by credit card/paypal, please click this link:
To pay by cheque, make cheque payable to “Stewart Thomson”
Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario L6H 2M8 Canada
Stewart Thomson is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am-9am. The newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered point form. Giving clarity of each point and saving valuable reading time.
Risks, Disclaimers, Legal
Stewart Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced and qualified investment advisors and get numerous opinions before taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the world is: 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products. There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line:
Are You Prepared?