Historically, a “buy” signal like this is typically followed by gains of hundreds of percent!
May 19, 2020
1. Gold is consolidating after reaching substantial resistance in the $1800 area.
2. There was wild gyration in 2012 around that resistance zone and a breakdown that disappointed investors.
3. In contrast to the price action then, the world’s “Queen of Assets” could now be forming a bull flag pattern. Gold may be getting ready to move towards $2000, and then on towards $3000, in a fairly short period of time.
4. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge one of the world’s greatest charts. Most analysts believe that when the RSI oscillator rises above 70 the market is “overbought” and will suffer a decline in price.
5. That’s often true on short-term charts, but on this long-term quarterly bar chart, it’s clear that a rise to 70 is a massive buy signal. Historically, that buy signal is typically followed by gains of hundreds of percent!
6. Given the incredible bullishness of the long-term charts, all investors should own core positions that reflect gold being a major asset class rather just than a trading tool.
7. Short-term traders will generally do best if they own core positions in physical gold, in addition to trading positions.
8. After all, gold is money! Fiat is debt, and US citizens appear to be getting worried that all their government cares about is going deeper into debt while pretending the Fed-soothed stock market reflects the average person’s financial pain, which it doesn’t.
9. Please click here now. Mainstream media (on both the political left and right) want citizens to take on debt and spend all their money. That’s so the government in power can brag about “big growth”, and ignore the horrifying debt taken on to get that growth.
10. The citizens are starting to rebel. They appear to be taking matters into their own hands and are saving for not just a rainy day, but for the next crisis.
11. That crisis is inevitable, given the ludicrous debt worship mentality showcased by both major political parties in America.
12. Negative rates make government debt bigger and do nothing to help the average citizen. With already horrific debt levels in play, bigger government with more debt is not good for GDP growth. It’s bad, and it sets the nation up for economic catastrophe.
13. The citizens understand this disturbing reality, and already the US savings rate for 2020 is akin to that of Swiss citizens, in the 12% range. That’s solid action!
14. Please click here now. There’s a gargantuan inverse H&S bottom pattern on the S&P500 price/earnings chart. Heavyweight money managers are already calling the US stock market ridiculously overvalued.
15. What happens if the P/E ratio for the S&P500 shoots to my target near 30… what will they call it then, South Sea 2.0?
16. Regardless, please click here now. Double-click to enlarge. Yes, the market is ridiculously overvalued. Yes, the market may be little more than a poster boy for the creep state (governments, central banks, and ultra-elite).
17. On the other hand, my focus is not on whether government propaganda is good or bad (it’s bad) or whether central bank money printing is good or bad (it’s bad).
18. My focus for investors is major support and resistance zones and that’s why our buys at 21,700 and 18,300 look so spectacular.
19. The 27,000 and 30,000 areas on the Dow are significant resistance zones, and we will be sellers there regardless of what the government or central bank says or does. It’s that simple.
20. Also, there’s no guarantee that the Dow will break above 25,000. It likely happens, but if the Fed stops printing money, the market will collapse again. At some point the Fed will take a break from printing, and the market will collapse.
21. That’s why it’s so important that investors focus on the big support zones (15,500 and 14,200 are the next ones for the Dow), rather than just listening to creep state propaganda about how wonderful everything is, while surveys suggest 30% of Main street America’s small businesses could be closed permanently.
22. What’s wonderful today is gold, silver, and the companies that mine these mighty metals!
23. Please click here now. Double-click to enlarge this “Prince GDX” chart. After a spectacular rally from my last major buy zone, GDX has finally arrived at the $37 resistance zone, and is doing that as gold nudges towards $1800.
24. It’s time to book a little profit, but not too much, because a major breakout is in play for most miners. A move above $1800 for gold should turn this breakout into a rocket ride towards all-time highs, for most component stocks in both GDX and GDXJ!
Special Offer For Website Readers: Please send me an Email to [email protected] and I’ll send you my free “Gold & Silver Junior Shotguns!” report. I highlight key junior miners set for magnificent upside action as gold bullion blasts above $1800. I include key tactics for each stock.
Note: We are privacy oriented. We accept cheques, credit card, and if needed, PayPal.
Written between 4am-7am. 5-6 issues per week. Emailed at aprox 9am daily.
Rate Sheet (us funds):
2yr: $299 (over 500 issues)
1yr: $199 (over 250 issues)
6 mths: $129 (over 125 issues)
To pay by credit card/paypal, please click this link:
To pay by cheque, make cheque payable to “Stewart Thomson”
Stewart Thomson / 1276 Lakeview Drive / Oakville, Ontario L6H 2M8 Canada
Stewart Thomson is a retired Merrill Lynch broker. Stewart writes the Graceland Updates daily between 4am-7am. They are sent out around 8am-9am. The newsletter is attractively priced and the format is a unique numbered point form. Giving clarity of each point and saving valuable reading time.
Risks, Disclaimers, Legal
Stewart Thomson is no longer an investment advisor. The information provided by Stewart and Graceland Updates is for general information purposes only. Before taking any action on any investment, it is imperative that you consult with multiple properly licensed, experienced and qualified investment advisors and get numerous opinions before taking any action. Your minimum risk on any investment in the world is: 100% loss of all your money. You may be taking or preparing to take leveraged positions in investments and not know it, exposing yourself to unlimited risks. This is highly concerning if you are an investor in any derivatives products. There is an approx $700 trillion OTC Derivatives Iceberg with a tiny portion written off officially. The bottom line:
Are You Prepared?