Man, this crap is getting old…
- NO RATE HIKE – “Committee decided to maintain the target range for the federal funds rate at 1/4 to 1/2 percent”
- Gold and Silver Popping On the News
- With No Rate Hike Fully Priced into the Market, Will the Cartel Drop the Hammer on Gold and Silver After Initial Reaction?
Full FOMC Statement is Below:
With Oil Plunging to $35, and Silver Hitting New 5-Year Lows at $13.68 Ahead of the FOMC, The Doc & Eric Dubin Break Down the Action, Discussing:
- Silver Smashed to $13.68– Are BIG New Lows Ahead?
- Fed Set to Hike Interest Rates in the Face of Credit Markets Seizing Up
- High Yield Bonds in MELTDOWN..It’s Likely Just Begun…
- Deflationary Snowball Gaining Momentum & Heading Downhill?
- Supply Destruction Sowing the Seeds for Next Bull Market – Anglo American Slashes Production, Lays Off 85,000
The SD Weekly Metals & Markets With The Doc & Eric Dubin is Below:
- the Committee decided to raise the target range for the federal funds rate to 1/4 to 1/2 percent
- The Committee is maintaining its existing policy of reinvesting principal payments from its holdings of agency debt and agency mortgage-backed securities in agency mortgage-backed securities and of rolling over maturing Treasury securities at auction
Full FOMC Statement is below:
Will they, or won’t they? Will gold and silver be smashed to triple digits and $12.50, or will they gap higher on a short squeeze of historic proportions?
What has been described as the most important FOMC decision in history is hours away…
The Fed is nearing the End of the Monetary Road.
None of this has been tried before and, to me, that just demonstrates the dangers. Once you get into a situation like the central banks did in ’08 with this panicking — everyone calls it the Hotel California — you can’t get out.
- To support continued progress toward maximum employment and price stability, the Committee today reaffirmed its view that the current 0 to 1/4 percent target range for the federal funds rate remains appropriate.
- The Committee anticipates that it will be appropriate to raise the target range for the federal funds rate when it has seen further improvement in the labor market
Full FOMC Statement below:
- Committee anticipates that it will be appropriate to raise the target range for the federal funds rate when it has seen further improvement in the labor market
- Even after employment and inflation are near mandate-consistent levels, economic conditions may, for some time, warrant keeping the target federal funds rate below levels the Committee views as normal in the longer run
(Translation: ZIRP is here to stay)
- Fed to maintain accommodative financial conditions
- Somehow no rate hike is now algo bearish for PMs as Gold & silver instantly knocked lower on the release…
Full FOMC statement is below:
With gold & silver smashed yet again this week, The Doc & Eric Dubin break down the trading and bring focus back to the BIG PICTURE, discussing:
- SDR Basket change this fall? Eric explains why it’s likely and it’s consequences
- Cartel paints a head and shoulders pattern on silver’s 6-month chart with a target of $12-$13
- Authorized Purchaser of US Silver Eagles bought out by French bank Soc Gen- metals desk to be SHUT DOWN
The SD Weekly Metals & Markets Wrap With The Doc & Eric Dubin is below:
- Fed states “Unlikely” to raise interest rates in April
- Gold and silver spiking on initial release…
Full FOMC Statement is below:
Gold and silver were basically treading water up until the 2:00 o’clock FOMC report was issued. Actually gold and silver were whacked 10 minutes after the report. Gold/silver equity shares also took it on the chin today as well.
Today we follow developments whether Greece will play ball with the ECB boys or seek the help from Russia and China and default, leaving the west with a mess.
Let’s head immediately to see the major data points for today:
In this week’s Metals & Markets, The Doc & Eric Dubin break down the ECB’s massive €60 billion a month QE announcement Thursday, and discuss whats next for the global markets and gold & silver in particular:
- Gold & silver’s strong January continues with silver $4 off its lows and gold nearly $200 off its December lows
- Cartel setting metals up for a Classic Gold & Silver raid on next week’s options expiry and January FOMC statement!
- Why Fed will soon begin backpedaling on rate hikes, may announce QE4 by Q4!
- Cartel raid likely won’t last- Why gold is likely to rise by 20% at a minimum in 2015- and COULD DOUBLE!
The SD Weekly Metals & Markets With The Doc & Eric Dubin is below:
- *Update: During Press Conf, Yellen advises no rate hikes for “a couple” FOMC meetings, states “Almost all participants see 2015 rate hike“
- Fed to be “Patient” with interest rate hikes
- After initial pop, gold & silver selling off on que as Yellen takes the podium…
If the past 6 post-FOMC Statement gold & silver smashes are any indication however, don’t be surprised to see the cartel attempt to smash silver towards a $14 handle and gold towards $1150 by Friday…
Full December FOMC Statement is below:
The FOMC meeting begins today, and Janet Yellen holds a press conference tomorrow afternoon.
The Fed has consistently failed to raise inflation to their comfort zone, and the global oil price crash will make their job even harder now.
If all the Fed says at the press conference is that “lower oil is good for consumers”, I’m concerned that institutional investors may lose confidence. The current global stock markets decline could morph into a horrific crash.