*Due to a database error during the completion of the transfer of files from development to production this afternoon, the IT team was forced to reset the new website back to its original state.
Users who newly registered in the past 24 hours may need to re-register due to the reset, and users may need to re-add their avatar.
Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.**
** NOTE: The developers are still moving contents from the development site onto the production site. We apologize for any inconvenience you experience within the next 24 hours.**
There are a number of changes that you will see on the upgraded SilverDoctors.com. The site has been basically re-built from scratch. You should now see huge improvements in login, registration, site loading speed, comment submission time, and social features across the blog. One of the biggest changes is you will now be able to redeem ounces (points) accumulated by commenting across the blog for actual physical silver or SD merchandise and apparel. Additionally, we have added a widget area to the right side tool bar which allows you to browse through articles submitted by a specific SD Contributor.
Helpful Points for Contributors
1. Avatar images will need to be uploaded again by all users. To do so, log-in to the website and move your mouse cursor to the top right where it says “Howdy, and your name.” A drop down box will appear and you will want to select the profile button. Each user will earn 5 ounces for just uploading an avatar image.
2. To embed a picture into the comment field from anywhere on the web: (Image embedding still being worked on by IT staff) Update: As of 3:57 AM Aug. 12, 2012 images can now be embedded into post comments.
- Right click on the image
- Select “Copy Image”
- Navigate to the comment box on SilverDoctors and hold down “Ctrl” then “V” to paste the image.
3. To embed a video into the comment field from anywhere on the web. (Video embedding still being worked on by IT staff)
- Right click on the video
- Select “Copy Video URL”
- Navigate to the comment box on SilverDoctors and hold down “Ctrl” then “V” to paste
Additional Social Features
1. In any comment section you can insert “@” followed by the “sd user” to send them a direct message. The message will appear in their top tool bar when they are logged in and also notify them via email if they have chosen to allow email notification.
2. As with the other site, all users have an internal email.
3. All users have an activity wall which can be viewed by just clicking on any underlined sd user’s name. SD readers are able to post messages directly on their activity wall if they choose to do so.
SD contributors can earn ounces (points) across the entire blog. Obviously, the Doc can’t afford to be passing out one ounce rounds to everyone on a daily basis. However, we guarantee no other blog will have the reward system we do when it is all said and done with!
1 Points – Update
1 Points – Leaving a reply
1 Points – Group Update or Reply
1 Points – New Group Forum Topic
1 Points – New Group Forum Post
5 Points – Avatar Uploaded
1 Points – Blog Comment
1 Points – Blog Post
1 Points – Becoming a Member
* Point legend is subject to change. For the most up-to-date point legend, please navigate to the “point legend” inside your profile page.
One Final Note
We had to make some major adjustment to images and programming to reduce page loading speed. Please consider utilizing FireFox or Chrome internet browsers for optimal viewing and website experience.
Thank you again for your patience and we hope you enjoy the new upgraded SilverDoctors.com!