Well today, I went there to buy it and this time, I’ve meet with the owner of the store. At first, He wanted to sell the coin for 20 cents just because it said “20″ on it. I negotiated with him to offer it for 10 cents since the Mexican currency is less valuable than the Canadian dollar. Then, He agreed with the deal.
Later at my home, I checked with a small neodymium magnet and I discovered that the coin sticks to the magnet but the magnetic force is medium. I also checked with a ferrite magnet but the coin only sticks to it a little bit and if you shake the magnet gently, the coin will fall off which means that the magnetic force is small.
I’ve checked online about the real composition of the coin and here are the information:
Since the coin is 72% silver, I was thinking if the other 28% percent is iron, steel or nickel which may explains why the coin is a little bit magnetic?
Does anyone else have the 1942 Mexican 20 centavos coin that is magnetic just like mine?
Here’s another test that I’ve made which is the “Ping” test. I flipped a 2011 Canadian steel penny and a 1980 Canadian nickel made out of pure nickel which are magnetic and saw that steel and nickel don’t do the ping sound. When I flipped the 1942 Mexican coin, it does the ping sound. It is pretty weird…
" Crooks would be well advised to avoid my town entirely. With the exception of the welfare rats in the small section 8 apartment complex I would say 90% of town is extremely well armed. Not just a pistol or shotgun, lots and lots of large rifles, AR's, AK's... I know someone has a 50cal that can b... "Reply To: Don't telegraph your victim level…..a lesson
" I roll naked--no signs, no bumper stickers, just a few dented bumpers, scratched paint on my 9 year old RTLV (rural tank-like vehicle) OPSEC works for me. Inside Mi Cheby is the war wagon.
I love seeing cars with Obama/Biden 2008 and 2012 stickers.
Nothing in the world tells me more than ... "Reply To: Don't telegraph your victim level…..a lesson
" I was born and grew up in Colorado. I've shoveled more snow than lots of people have even seen. But I'm getting older by the day, and I'm now at the age where my metabolism has slowed so much that I just don't make a lot of body heat. Cold weather sucks, man. "Reply To: WHERE? Where would be the best place to be?
The analysis and discussion provided on SilverDoctors is for your education and entertainment only, it is not recommended for trading purposes. The Doc is not an investment adviser and information obtained here should not be taken for professional investment advice. The commentary on SilverDoctors reflects the opinions of The Doc and other contributing authors. Your own due diligence is recommended before buying or selling any investments, securities, or precious metals. We do not share in your profits, and thus will not take responsibility for your losses as well.