Mon Apr 9, 2012 3:07pm
Gold traders in India, the world’s largest consumer of the yellow metal, booked stray deals after a three-week long strike, seeking to replenish stocks for a gold buying festival slated later in the month, dealers said.
* “Few orders are there on the lower side… market is slowly gearing up ahead of Akshaya Tritiya,” said a dealer with a private bullion importing bank in Mumbai.
* Jewellers in India ended their three-week strike on Saturday after assurance the government would consider scrapping a budget proposal to levy excise duty on unbranded jewellery.
* Gold buying festival, Akshaya Tritiya, is due later on April 24, when Indians buy gold to invoke prosperity.
* Traders said a 4 percent fall in prices could activate the gold market.
* “People will be buying now after closing shops for weeks together as wedding season is on,” said Harshad Ajmera, proprietor of JJ Gold House. “There were good retail sales yesterday.”
* Gold for June delivery on the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) was up 0.48 percent at 28,333 rupees per 10 grams.
* “A level of 27,200-27,500 rupees will be good enough for market to activate,” said the private bank dealer.
* Silver for May delivery traded steady at 56,254 rupees per kg.
" There are two middlemen here in town that will exchange the silver for paper during normal business hours, for now...
Aside from the few mom and pop stores converting it in the back of the store, it hasn't caught on as a growing trend. But at least we have the gold and silver "stores" that wi... "Reply To: Did anyone ever tried purchasing stuff with precious metals?
" Windex I've never heard of it used for that. Is it the ammonia that neutralizes the corrosive elements? I heard that Simple green is a good solvent for general gun cleaning. It seemed logical in that so long as you dry the gun thoroughly, the SG stuff cleans like a whiz.
"Reply To: Guns, Guns, Guns
" Corrosive ammo is fine, I don't know where the myth started that it instantly eats barrels. Military used it for years and you know they didn't clean guns the minute they stopped firing. I shoot corrosive surplus all the time in my Mosin, when I get home a squirt of Windex down the barrel then cl... "Reply To: Guns, Guns, Guns
" Wombat's right about the Saiga 12, devastating fire power at close range for under $1000. Your better AR15's can run NATO 5.56 rds. That's plenty of stopping power and they are American made which I like. Ammo of all calibers is available for immediate delivery now at BulkAmmo.com "Reply To: Guns, Guns, Guns
" Good info was already posted so I'm just going to add a couple of notes. If you go the AK route you will often see old surplus ammo for sale. Don't ever buy anything that is noted as being corrosive. It's just not worth it. Romanian AKs are fine. All AKs are very durable and even though the ... "Reply To: Guns, Guns, Guns
The analysis and discussion provided on SilverDoctors is for your education and entertainment only, it is not recommended for trading purposes. The Doc is not an investment adviser and information obtained here should not be taken for professional investment advice. The commentary on SilverDoctors reflects the opinions of The Doc and other contributing authors. Your own due diligence is recommended before buying or selling any investments, securities, or precious metals. We do not share in your profits, and thus will not take responsibility for your losses as well.